Monday, 29 September 2008
Why did I decide to start Lighter Life?
I keep asking myself this question. Why starve yourself to look good and then risk putting all the weight back on after all the hard work?
Why do a diet that only lets you eat soup and shakes for 3 months?
COS I WANT TO BE THIN AND HEALTHY!!
I love food, i love going out for meals, going to starbucks for a cappucino, meeting friends and family for breakfast and indian takeaways! But after years of eating what and when i want, it's taken its toll in the form of being over 3 stones over weight.
Let me introduce myself, my name is Sarah and i'm 26 years old. I live with my lovely boyfriend in a one bedroom flat and we are in the process of buying a house together.
I work in town and organize events.
I have always been larger than the average girl and never been happy with my body and I have abused it over the years through eating too much and not exercising.
I've tried weight watchers, going to the gym and slimming pills from a dodgy back street weight loss centre but nothing has worked for me as i have just gone back to eating crap and I give up far too easily.
The reason for me doing lighter life is because I feel that I need a break from food and drink. I need to get out of my daily routine of eating anything and everything. I need to be taught how to eat properly and how to control myself.
I need to be in control rather than food being in control of me!
So, i have my first LL session tomorrow night where i pay my fee and pick up my food packs.
I'm very nervous but excited at the same time.
I want to list the reasons why I want to lose weight:
1. I want to feel great about myself
2. I want to feel full of energy everyday and get out of bed easier
3. I want to say to myself 'i will walk to the shop today'
4. I want to stop having to pull my tops down all the time to hide my large muffin top!
5. I want to feel pretty in front of my boyfriend and not hide behind clothes or the dark
6. I want to be able to dance in a club and feel sexy
7. I dont want to wear large clothes bought from Dorothy Perkins
8. I want to shop in Topshop / Hennes / primark for the cheap clothes!
9. I dont want people to look at the fat girl standing on the train / Tube
10. I want to go on holiday and feel good in a swim suit
11. I want to wear skirts without my legs rubbing together
Overall, i want to be a size 12, a curvy girl, a real girl.
How will I cope with not eating, especially when I love food?
I guess only time will tell.
I wanted to document this journey im taking so if im feeling low then i can read my original posts, sort myself out and get back on track.
Wish me luck x